Cover Letter Tips for Hotel and Hospitality
Its very challenging when you find yourself in need of another job. Whether it is because of being laid off, fired or phased out of a position, its not easy to put yourself out there again after being let go. You can be successful and have a new, better position by following the tips below.
1. Try not to be negative during your search for jobs in Hotel and Hospitality. Focus on what you can do in the future and channel your energy into putting your best foot forward.
2. Make a decision about your path. You may choose to get hired in a position that is exactly like the one you left, or you may choose a job in a new career that uses your top skills.
3. Be creative in your job search. Try to figure out unique places where job leads may come from. Reading professional journals, checking out message boards on the Internet, or attending networking events may lead to jobs in Hotel and Hospitality.
4. Work on your speaking skills to help you prepare for the important interview. Make it a point to research common interview questions, and take time to rehearse stating your answers to such questions.
5. Its not always about what you know, but who you know. Be sure to make contacts with as many people as possible connected to the company or industry you are hoping to get employment with.
Hotel Sales Manager Cover Letter
Hotel Sales Managers make sure a hotel meets its financial goals by managing sales teams. Essential responsibilities of a Hotel Sales Manager are attracting guests, developing sales campaigns, formulating sales goals, recruiting and training staff, liaising with large groups that may provide customers, selling hotel services such as exercise facilities or room upgrades, attending industry events, updating their job knowledge, and developing strategies to ensure repeat business.
Those interested in a Hotel Sales Manager career should mention the following assets in their cover letters:
- Selling skills
- Hospitality and hotel management training
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Self-confidence and motivation
- Being able to work under pressure
- Availability for travel
- Computer competences
- Commercial awareness
Comparable skills and qualifications for Hotel Sales Manager can be seen in the sample cover letter provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hotel Sales Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Moore:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my strong interest in the Hotel Sales Manager position you have available with Caravalo Resort. As a highly skilled and successful manager with more than 14 years of experience driving profitable tourism and hospitality operations, I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your establishment.
My expertise lies in successfully developing and implementing new facility attractions, expanding business opportunities, and managing staff and resources to attract global customers and aggressively grow revenues. Through my experience, I have become adept in overseeing a wide variety of operational responsibilities to ensure outstanding guest service and optimize sales team performance. My additional success in establishing and maintaining positive relationships positions me to make a significant contribution to Caravalo.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Successfully overseeing profit and loss functions, marketing activities, budget forecasts, daily operations, trend analysis, and sales negotiations for industry-leading hotels and resorts.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams—including Corporate Office, Hotel Management, Brand Representatives, Front Desk & Hotel Support, and Accounting—to drive outside and B2B sales efforts and win new clientele.
- Creating and presenting high-impact presentations demonstrating facility highlights for corporate conferences, seminars, and general advertising.
- Implementing brand standards and initiatives while striving for ongoing service enhancement.
- Playing a key role in construction, renovation, and expansion projects to maximize revenues and stimulate business development and build-out efforts.
- Overseeing staff development and management—including recruitment, training, and coaching—to encourage progressive professional development and stimulate top-flight team performance.
- Realizing consistent bottom-line improvements through effective networking, communication, problem-solving, and presentation abilities.
- Earning a Diploma in Hospitality Management from Pittsburgh State College.
My proven dedication to optimizing operational success and sales expansion in the hospitality industry, along with my acute ability to provide an exceptional level of guest service, will contribute immensely to the success of Caravalo Resort. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon to discuss this opportunity, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Joan B. Wilson