Some Interesting Biology Research Paper Topic Ideas
When choosing a research paper topic, it’s advised to choose a topic of your interest. However, it is also quite important to know what kind of people are going to read it. Here are some interesting topics that you may want to research on. I advise on writing on issues that are currently affecting the people.
- Obesity and genetics – In this topic, you may want to research on what type of genes are most likely to suffer obesity and why it is so. If any, what can be done to prevent this from happening to future generations?
- Effects of Abortions on future pregnancies – This topic is quite interesting and might prove interesting and enlightening.
- Homosexuality and genetics – It may seem quite far fetched, but some research has been carried out on this. It would be interesting to cover what type of genes are responsible for heterosexuality, homosexuality and mainly forgotten bisexuality.
- Biological weapons: could Ebola be used as a biological weapon?
- Do alternative medicines really work? – Cover the scientific bit of the herbs and modern medicine, and see which is most likely to work better.
- Relation between vaccines and autism in infants
- Birth control: Health effects of birth control pills and menstruation control pills
- Cancer: Cancer and the environment - What could cause cancer in our natural environment? Or what activities do we carry out that could cause cancerous growth?
- Where did humans originate? - This is a good topic and you could dive into various theories.
- Genetic diseases – Look into genetic diseases like Down syndrome and sickle cell anemia. You can look at either or both of them under the general topic.
- Meningitis: Researching on this mystery that continues to puzzle till now.
- Nanotechnology: Taking a look at nanotechnology, its advantages and disadvantages and if it is applicable in our lives.
- Phobias: A deep dive into the human brain as you try to figure out what causes phobias and if there is a scientific way of dealing with the phobias.
- Hypnosis: Biological angle to hypnosis. Is it really possible or is this all on your head?
- Sleep: Its advantages and what would happen if one does so a lot? Sleeping disorders and their possible cures/treatments.
A List Of Interesting Topics For College Biology Essays
Biology is an engrossing subject that can actually lead to countless of fascinating topics to research. When picking a research paper topic, it is advised to select a topic of your interest. Indeed, it is also fundamental to know what type of people are going to read your essay. Since choosing a topic isn’t a child’s play, it will be helpful if you’re going to consider some of the following topics you may prefer to research on. It is recommendable to write issues that are presently affecting the lives of many people.
Here is a list of some few ideas that can spark your interest especially when you are writing a research paper on Biology:
- Genetics and Biology. Here, you may research on what kind of genes are more apt to suffer from being overweight and the reason behind this condition. Then, you may discuss what can be done to inhibit this from happening specifically to younger generations of today.
- You may consider hot social issues that are haunting the environment these days. This can lead to engaging ideas for your essay.
- The effects of abortions on future pregnancies. Since the world is encountering countless of issues concerning abortion and early pregnancies, this topic may be engrossing and enlightening.
- Evolution of humans. Discuss about how humans have evolved to adjust to the digital age and how people must adapt so they can properly counteract the repercussions of human conditions.
- The foundation for studying the human body is Biology. You may want to research how food additive or the latest medication affects various body systems. Alternatively, you may contemplate on a solution to recent medical issue.
- DNA and Coding. It is always interesting to study how humans are put together. Indeed, there are more and more new studies that have been revealed. Select a specific type of condition and research whether or not there has been a connection to the genetic code. Linked this with another topic such as the modification of genetics on human condition and for sure this is going to be a great subject.
- Are alternative medicines effective and do they really work? You may mention about modern medicine and herbs and discuss which of these are likely to work better.
- Birth control. This may comprise of the effects of menstruation control pills and birth control pills to overall health.
- Sleep. Talk about its advantages and disadvantages. Then, you may also tackle sleeping disorders and provide information about effective treatment or cure.
Without fail, there are plenty of appealing topics in the field of Biology which can surely make your essay quite captivating and readable. The effects of the latest products and technology on environmental and human experiences are just two extensive guidelines to choosing a focused and narrow topic. At times, you just need to observe around you and ask yourself how these things affect a habitat or a living creature.
Always remember that it is significant to keep the idea as uncomplicated as possible because there certainly will be some complicated research to follow.